I am super texture sensitive and have a sweet tooth that could lead me to a less nutritious option, so having a stash of ingredients to a better snack option is essential in making good, quick choices.
- Greek yogurt (higher in protein, if you shop carefully, MUCH lower in sugar) plus fresh fruit and a crumbled up protein bar is a sweet, filling and nutritious snack, any time!
- Apples and peanut butter. What’s not to love? The cold, crisp crunch of a Granny Smith and the protein-rich sweetness of peanut butter.
- Cottage cheese and almonds. Again with the balance of cold and crunch, sweetness and carbs plus protein.
- Cheese and crackers (bonus option: thin slices of apples). Protein and carbs for a little extra pop!
- Hummus and pita crackers, veggies or pretzels. Usually I pick a supremely spicy or traditional Hummus from Sabra, add that cool crunch I love with carrots or some carbs with pita or pita crackers. There is nothing quite like fresh hummus, so keep your eyes out for a test of a few hummus recipes!
Which has you headed for the kitchen? What is your fav quick snack?